Each year we organise a fundraising walk in the Peak District called the A4D True Grit Challenge.
In 2019, 55 walkers trekked a total of 1,900 miles in 24 hours!
Read about it here: A4D True Grit Challenge 2019
The date for next year’s event has already been set:
Saturday, 25th April 2020
This page will be updated with information throughout the year. Stay up to date with news on the event by following our Facebook page:
Some shots from A4D True Grit 2019
Some Rules …
- Participants must follow the route as described in the route card.
- Gold participants need to make it to the halfway station inside 11 hours and to Calver (37 miles) by midnight in order to continue beyond those points.
- Unless agreed beforehand, walkers will not be allowed to walk beyond the halfway point alone.
- The route covers some sensitive areas of the Peak District during nesting season. To that end, we’re really sorry but dogs are not allowed.
- Please be exceptionally polite to everyone supporting this event: they’re a volunteer giving up their time to make this day happen.
If you would like to be a marshal for the event, please contact: email@example.com
For more information about the event, please contact Diana Maynard: firstname.lastname@example.org (07941 524635)